July 30, 2006

celebration of light

I have finally unpacked my last suitcase. Yippee! As much as I try to stay on top of things, sometimes they just slip by...and you don't notice until a whole month has gone and all of a sudden you're like, whoa why didn't I do that three weeks ago! I hate procrastinating, but sometimes it just happens...accidentally.

There is never enough time in a day. I've been sleeping less lately. There's that saying:
don't believe all you hear, don't spend all you have, don't sleep all you want. I should add to that, don't eat all you want haha. So I have finally lost all the extra padding I gained over the winter. I've never really been too conscious about my food intake in the past, but I think I really went overboard earlier this year with super large portions of pasta and boxes of chocolate.

Last night we went to see the fireworks down at English Bay. Got there around 5, which was too early. You can get there at 8 and still be able to find a place to sit. I took a walk to second beach which was really nice. There were people parked along the water pretty much the whole way. The show last night was put on by China, and although they didn't use a lot of different colours, the effects were quite spectacular. I like the ones that are so big they seem like they're going to fall on you. During the day, we went to Taste of the City down at Plaza of Nations. I had this pesto marinated lamb chop which was yum. The venue was too crowded though; I wonder if they had anticipated such a big turnout! I've been to a similar thing in London and it wasn't that crazy, though you had to pay to get into that one and it was spread out over 3 days instead of just one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home